Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 255: 5/23/12 - "Sweet Serendipity"

"I can’t say what’s next
And I got nothin' up my sleeve
But I don’t lose my head
Cause it ain’t really up to me...

A
nd I’m doing just fine
I’m always landing on my feet
In the nick of time
And by the skin of my teeth
I ain’t gonna stress
Cause the worst ain’t happened yet
Somethings watching over me
Like Sweet Serendipity...

I don’t ask for a lot

No nothing more than I need...

I just want to be strong
At the end of the road
I don’t want to hold on
I want the strength to let go...

Don’t look fate can only find you

You can’t choose for something to surprise you
Set sail without a destination
Just see where the wind will take you
You never know when you're gonna fall..."

-"Sweet Serendipity" by Lee Dewyze

Oh, My Back!  Why is it when my back "goes out" now days, its when I'm doing something simple and not really doing anything that should hurt it?  That's what happened this morning as I squatted down to put a bag down on the floor.  Knees were bent, no torque, bag was light and suddenly I felt my lower back muscles start to quiver and then clench painfully.  I made it back to my apartment but the stairs nearly defeated me.  I knew I was in trouble but couldn't even take my medication to help alleviate the pain and discomfort since I had to go to work today.  Just now getting ready to take my medication so that I can go to sleep and then pull a 12 hour day tomorrow.  That...truly...sucks!

Self-Absorption: This isn't truly accurate but it was as close as I could get to the sense I had today about how much I've been focused on the issues I've been having along with a couple of others.  Today I found out that a couple of other very nice people were having major issues too and it saddened me to see them so unhappy and looking for a way out.  One of them found that way - the other one is looking.  Both of their losses will be noticed and felt.  But it reemphasizes for me that others are suffering and not just the small localized group that I had thought.  It might be time for some sort of uprising or we all run the risk of having to choose to run away and start over - which is not fair to us.

No comments: