Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 243: 5/11/12 - "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)"

"When I fall in love,
I take my time
There's no need to hurry when I'm making up my mind
You can turn off the sun,
but I'm still gonna shine and I'll tell you why...

Because


The remedy is the experience,

This is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy, is that it's serious.
This is a strange enough new play on words
I said the tragedy is how you're gonna spend,
The rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends
When it all amounts to nothing in the end.

I won't worry my life away..."

-"The Remedy (I Won't Worry" by Jason Mraz

Worrisome: I spent a long night unable to sleep due to the actions of others only to have their plans thwarted...at least for a few days.  I plan to go into this weekend with a sense of purpose and actually get some things done.  But I also plan to accomplish a few things for me this weekend, even if all I do is my laundry!  How does that help me? It will keep me from running around naked, for one.  And I'll get some of my favorite clothes back, and stop having to dig into the back of my closet.  Monday will be here soon enough...I need to enjoy what time I have now.

Just Got Paid...Sort of!  My friend/colleague already paid me for the cake I made (I told her to wait, but she insisted).  I won't say how much she gave me but I will say that I think she overpaid me.  But she wouldn't let me give her any change back.  So I'll have to find another way to sneak some money to her (I'm creative, I'll figure it out!).  But it was nice to actually make the cake, decorate and deliver it.  I almost felt like a true baker for a moment there!

It's All In What You Say: I've been torn about a relationship I've sort of been in for a while now.  I had finally made the decision to just stop everything - I didn't feel it was working for me and I was tired.  Then they asked me why - really asked me why and I told them.  Then I asked them to answer a serious question for me - I asked them why me?  For the first time they actually answered me truthfully - no games, no jokes, no playing around, no trying to sound glib or cool.  A truly insightful, deep response.  What do I do now?  I take time to digest their words and I admit that I may need to reevaluate my decision to not give us a try...and wonder if now it is too late because of me.  Relationships just aren't easy, are they?

No comments: