Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 240: 5/8/12 - "New Soul"

"I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake"

-"Yael Naim"

Bait: I dangled some bait today for someone and now I'll sit back and watch and wait to see if they take it.  Why am I setting bait?  Because someone is passing along information that they should be keeping to themselves and I need to know who it is.  Being careful and not talking to anyone is not the best way for me to respond, since I need to keep and build relationships.  But I do need to know whom I should be wary of since their actions will impact my ability to do my job.  It will also show me if I need to avoid this person outright - if they are uncaring enough to set me up to fail, then I need to make sure I don't give them the opportunity or the satisfaction.  Fingers crossed that they don't take the bait - I'd rather be wrong about this one.

Clothing Sizing: Usually I have issues with clothing being too small for me.  I ordered a new suit from Long Tall Sally and their size 14 fits like a 16!  Now, I could sit here and say, "I could have lost some serious weight!" but I know for a fact that my other clothes in 14 fit just fine.  I hate that I have to pay to send it back but no reason to keep a suit you can't wear.  The pants didn't even come with belt loops so I couldn't even try to wear them.  They were nice and long though (which I loved!).  But at least I now realize why the suit jacket didn't look quite right - it was a little too big around the ribcage (go figure!).  No time to reorder so I'm going to just return it and work with the other suit that I have.  Not preferred but it fits well enough!

Good Karma: One of my coworkers has some seriously good karma coming her way.  I was mentioning how I needed to go to the store to pick up a new decorating tip for the cake I'll be making and she gave me her $10.00 off coupon for Sur La Table!  I couldn't believe it!  I was able to get two tips, a set of cupcake liners, and a cupcake corer (something I've wanted for a while) and it only cost me $2.  How will I repay her?  Of course she'll get some cupcakes, but I'll also give her my $10 coupon when it shows up - it's only fair!

No comments: