Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 254: 5/22/12 - "What Matters"

"It ain't about the money
No, it ain't about the time
It ain't about the love you've lost
All the things you think you left behind
It ain't about your losing streak
Makes you feel like your falling apart
What matters is your heart..."

-"What Matters" by Edwin McCain

I Have Returned:  2 days away weren't enough but they were better than nothing, and it was interesting visiting Miami since I had never been there. I got up early this morning and hit the beach (just to walk around in the sand) and was saddened by the trash I found that someone had just thrown out onto the sand.  It disgusts me that people are so lazy that they don't care about the messes they leave behind for others to clean up!  It was beyond humid while I was out there but the water was nice and cool (now that I realize I have a cold, I probably shouldn't have been out wandering around in the water...).  I then headed over to Einstein Bros. for a quick and healthy breakfast.  I had just stepped back into my hotel room and went to look outside when I saw that it was pouring!  Apparently this is pretty common in Miami but it was a surprise for me.  I was one minute from getting completely soaked!

A cloudy morning in Miami...

Toes and rolled up pants, awaiting water...

There's the water!

Here it comes again!




I Want My Mommy:  And some chicken noodle soup.  I starting feeling a little icky last night and sure enough by the time I got home tonight I was coughing and sneezing with the best of them.  Off to bed in hopes of feeling better tomorrow.  I suspect that I'll get worse before I get better though.  Hope I don't develop a fever - can't ban myself from work when I'm so short-handed.

Wishing I Could Help:  I have a friend going through a really tough time right now and it's one that he just does not understand (I actually agree with him - it doesn't make sense to me either).  I just hope things start to improve for him soon - he deserves so much more than what he is getting (many people do).  It always bothers me that someone like him, who is such a nice guy and hardworking, and nice looking, gets mistreated by someone who just doesn't appreciate him or what she has.  And I can't even get a guy like him to consider me - though I'd be counting my blessings every day if I had him in my life in that way.  But at least I have his friendship and hopefully I can help him through this tough time.  I don't know how but if he does need me, he only has to call...

No comments: