Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 239: 5/7/12 - "Fell On Black Days"

"Whatsoever I've feared has come to life
Whatsoever I've fought off became my life
Just when everyday 
Seemed to greet me with a smile
Sunspots have faded
And now I'm doing time
Cause I fell on
Black days
I fell on black days

Whomsoever I've cured
I've sickened now
Whomsoever I've cradled I've put you down
I'm a search light soul they say 
But I can't see it in the night
I'm only faking
When I get it right
Cause I fell on
Black days
How would I know
That this could be my fate

So what you wanted to
see good 
Has made you blind
And what you wanted to be yours 
Has made it mine
So don't you lock up something 
That you wanted to see fly
Hands are for shaking
No not tying

I sure don't
mind a change
But I fell on 
Black days
How would I know
That this could be my fate..."

-"Fell On Black Days" by Soundgarden

Baking Success and Failure: So after having others taste test .my Reese's Pieces Cream Filling, I can announce that it was both a success and failure.  It as a success in terms of the taste - everyone thinks it does taste like Reese's Pieces, but it won't be used in the case. Why?  The color is a failure!  By the time you puree the three different colors of the Reese's Pieces and then heat them up on the stove, you end up with this odd orange/brown color...which, though tastes great, is just not visually appealing enough to slap on what I plan to make into a beautiful cake.  So we are going to just go with buttercream (which is fine!).  And besides, my peanut butter buttercream is lip smacking good! But I am back to this idea of creating cupcakes with all of these different Cream Fillings and selling them.  I was wondering what crushed oreos would bring to the mix?  Or 'Nilla Wafers?  Anything that is not inherently meltable would likely work.  Chocolate chips wouldn't work unless I was going for a chocolate cream filling.  I'm thinking more in terms of recreating the things that we don't necessarily think of having as a cream filling.  I'll keep creating and maybe turn it into a business plan.  But I have to get good at the execution!

When Will They Learn?  I'm awaiting final word on how to proceed with something at work and though they are checking with the experts, I can't help thinking that this is definitely one of those "traps" of their own making.  They created this issue with their policy changes (changes that did not make any sense in the first place) and now we are all swimming around in the muck.  I want out of the muck....I want a chance to clean up and start over without feeling as if I have been sullied by the actions of others.  Why do they keep doing things that impact me negatively and expect me to just go with it?  Everyone has their breaking point and also the point where they start to feel as if I'm doing something ethically wrong.  I'm starting to feel as if I'm walking that line right now.


No comments: