Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 241: 5/9/12 - "A Change Would Do You Good"

"A change,
Would do you good,
I think a change,
Would do you good...

I've been thinking 'bout catching a train,

Leave my phone machine by the radar range,
"Hello it's me, I'm not at home,
If you'd like to reach me, leave me alone"

-"A Change Would Do You Good" by Sheryl Crow

Some Change is Good!  Some news comes to you and you file it away for later use.  Other news comes to you and you immediately feel and see the impact it has on you and on others. Today was a day like that as both types of news were heard today.  What it will truly mean will depend on how others respond to it, but I, at least, am left with both good and bad feelings about the future.  This is one time we'll just have to wait and see.

Cake Baking - Day 1: Today I baked both the chocolate and vanilla cakes for the cake I'm making.  What did I learn during this process?  That my chocolate cake recipe is better for cupcakes and too moist for larger cakes (though it will still work).  My vanilla cake is ideal for this type of cake (a little thicker than most cakes but still moist and soft).  I made up a batch of peanut butter buttercream and halved both cakes.  They are now cooling in the fridge and waiting for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will be making the rest of the buttercream and the decorating icing for the rest of the cake.  Wish me luck on this one - pictures of the process and the final product will be shared!

No comments: