Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 260: 528/12 - "City"

"Calling out somebody save me I feel like I'm fading away
Am I gone?
Calling out somebody save me i feel like I'm fading

In these deep city lights

Girl could get lost tonight
I'm finding every reason to be gone
There's nothing here to hold on to
Could i hold on to you?"

-"City" by Sara Bareilles

You Don't Have to Lie: I'm used to people not wanting me around, not wanting to spend time with me.  I don't need you to lie to me if you don't want to see me. Just say you're busy, or don't call at all.  I'm not going to pester you or stalk you.  If you say you're going to call and you don't (and I know you aren't dead) then I take it to mean you just don't want to talk to me.  That's cool.  Don't try to force things and then when you realize you don't want to actually bother with me, you make up some lame lie that I can easily see through.  That actually makes me feel worse than if you were just honest and said "go away, leave me alone, not interested."  I would find that much less cruel and more to my liking.  Honesty...so hard to come by these days.  It's okay though, I don't hold it against you for not wanting to spend time with me...most people don't want to.  The few who do are truly special...I miss them a lot on days like this...

Holiday Work: Working on a holiday is always a little odd.  Mostly because people who come into the library look at you with expressions that say both "thank you for being here -and what the heck are you doing here?"  I hate to tell them that they can't have it both ways.  They are happy that the library is open but they feel bad that someone has to work in order for it to actually be that way.  I did get a thank you from a faculty member who was glad we were open.  I guess that is something!  But I think if someone actually worked out the cost of having someone with my salary working on a holiday and the amount of work I actually did (or the type of work), they would say that I shouldn't be working on that holiday.  I get paid for the holiday and I get comp time for working.  Just a reminder that we need to fix the staffing issues we have right now - we can't sustain this any more...

Blueberry/Peach Cobbler: I tried my hand at making a cobbler tonight.  It was pretty easy, though nothing like the way my mom makes her fantastic blackberry cobbler.  But I found some recipes online and combined them into something that turned out to be edible.  I especially like the topping.  It was funny to see the different types of toppings that people put on their cobblers.  There was the crumbled style, the biscuit style, the cake style, the bread pudding style.  I'm not sure what mine is, but it sure did look good!


Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter?  WTF?????



No comments: