Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 235: 5/3/12 - "Unwritten"

"I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned...

No one else can feel it for you

Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten...

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines

We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

The rest is still unwritten
"

-"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

Ain't It Funny?  It took me getting angry to finally see things more clearly.  Today I was calm - not angry at all, but very determined.  I'm heading for a showdown and one way or the other, things are going to get straightened out.  I have a tough road to travel but addressing this head on is the only way for me to go.  I can't continue with the way things are and I can't allow this person to continue to hurt others as well.  They need to realize just what their actions are doing - and either back off or run the risk of alienating and losing at least two good employees.  I'm in limbo at the moment and this is scary for me because I don't know how things will work out.  There is the potential for a remedy and clarification.  But there is even greater potential for a disaster (for myself and my career). But either way, I'm done here...

Order Up!  I got my first baking order since I moved to San Antonio.  I'm super excited about it and I've already mocked up the design.  It will be a chocolate and vanilla sheet cake with peanut butter buttercream and some Reese's Pieces or decoration.  It's a friend's husbands graduation cake and I hope I can do it justice.  I also get to make the box to carry it in (that should be super fun!).  I could also buy one but I like arts and crafts, so I will likely make it.  I won't post the mock up picture since it has not been approved.  But I'll post the pictures of the cake once I get it done!

No comments: