Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 250: 5/18/12 - "Even If It Breaks Your Heart"

"Some dreams stay with you forever
Drag you round and bring you back to where you were
Some dreams keep on getting better
Gotta keep believing if you wanna know for sure...

Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart..."

-"Even if it Breaks Your Heart" by the Eli Young Band

Pay for What You Get: I stopped by a hair salon today to have the edges in the back of my hair removed.  They don't look bad but they do look a little ragged if I pull my hair up.  As the woman was working on my hair I warned her to be careful and not cut up too far.  She said "I didn't - just taking off the back."  As I was leaving she waved off payment - said it wasn't worth her time (I'm guessing she meant that it didn't cost her any time) since it only took her a minute.  Everything seemed fine until I started untangling my hair to wash it and low and behold to long locks came out in my hands!  She had cut off two of my twists!  I was so mad, but what can you do?  She hadn't charged me so I paid for what I got, which was a slight butchering.  At least I have so much hair that it isn't noticeable.  Of course, I know about it so it will drive me crazy.  And as my hair grows back out I will have uneven hair in the back no matter what I do since the hair she cut will grow more quickly and lengthen more than the edges that I cut on occasion.  I won't be going back there, which is sad since it is where I also went the first time and the other woman did a great job.  I will at least contact them and let her know that she should be more careful, whether she is charging someone or not!

Wordle is Fun!  Check out my Wordle created from a 3 page paper I just completed.  I forgot how much fun it was to put together Wordles.  They show you so much about the words you used and can really let you know by the size of the words you used most frequently whether you stayed on topic as you had hoped to.

Wordle: Ideal Reference Service Model

No comments: