Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 323: 7/30/12 - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"

"I've done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean, didn't I?"

-"Stevie Wonder"

Signed and Sealed: So I went down and put a deposit down on an apartment.  It was the first one I saw on Saturday during the largest rainstorm I had seen in a long time (it doesn't rain often in Texas, by the way).  It was a pretty easy process, though they have this rule about when the Lease has to be signed - 3 days after I put down the holding deposit.  Since I'm heading home tomorrow they agreed to e-mail it to me so that I can finish it there and send it back.  Thank goodness!  I'm not sure if I'm going to like living there but I at least feel good back the choice I've made.  I at least hope I've diverted disaster and I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the terrible apartment locator who just quit helping me.  How unprofessional is that?  I think I did better without her, though, so I'm happy with my decision in that regard.

No comments: