Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 324: 7/31/12 - "Caught Out There"

"I hate you so much right now
I hate you so much right now"

-"Caught Out There" by Kelis

Delta, You Suck Sometimes!  I know that airlines aren't perfect, and I don't expect them to be.  But Delta has been one of the worst airlines for me recently in terms of how they keep you informed.  On the way down to Florida there was a gate change on my flight in Atlanta.  Not only did the gate change information flash up only 30 minutes before we were to board, but they sent us 2 terminals over.  In Atlanta that can be up to 20 minutes if you are lucky, and more if you are not.  Then, when we got there, they kept changing our flight time and did not tell us why, until finally we heard about a maintenance issue.  On the way back home, our morning flight from Florida to Atlanta, things were uneventful.  But in Atlanta, we get to the gate and everything seems fine...then right as we are supposed to start boarding, we get the announcement that we are delayed due to a late crew.  Apparently our crew was on another flight that had not come in yet, so we had to wait.  But why not even tell us how long it was before they were due to get in?  If they were on a flight then you know when that flight was due, right?  We had to sit there and wait....and wait...and then finally we get to board.  We ended up coming into Austin over an hour later than expected.  By this time I was completely disgusted, running off of 3 hours of sleep, and seriously in need of a nap and ibruprofen.  I settled for coming home and resting (sorry work, I just couldn't do it).  Luckily I have enough sick leave to keep me covered for a while, so I'm sure it won't impact me.  But that kind of tired almost needs more than a day!

No comments: