Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 338: 8/14/12 - "Hard to Love"

"I'm hard to love, hard to love, I don't make it easy, 
I couldn't do it if I stood where you stood..."

-"Hard to Love" by Lee Brice

Why Am I Working So Hard?  Today I questioned why I was working so hard when it is clear that to many I'm already gone.  I know that part of it is pride - I pride myself on finishing things, on not leaving others hanging, on getting the job done and getting it done right.  But that is hard to do when others have already dismissed you, stopped including you, and pretty much started changing things as if you are already gone.  It's like to them I'm already dead and they are dividing up the inheritance over my barely breathing body.  A little respect please?!

Two More Boxes: I thought I had given away my wardrobe boxes but tonight I found the boxes and the hangers.  I was able to pack 1/2 of my shoes and 3/4 of my closet so I'm doing pretty well on that level.  I have to hold off on packing some stuff since I still need clothes to wear to work for the next two weeks, but at least all of the sweaters (that I won't need) and my boots and heels are almost all packed.  I do still need to bring home the shoes I've had at work for two years, so I'll do that tomorrow.  Maybe I'll be able to finish the closet tomorrow (since I have a lot of winter clothes that are not hanging (folded) and should be packed up, and all of the blankets and comforters can be packed.  I'm doing pretty well, I think, considering I'm trying to still work, clean, get ready to move, and not feeling my healthiest.

No comments: