Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 335: 8/11/12 - "Impossible"

"But the world is full of zanies and fools
Who don't believe in sensible rules
And won't believe what sensible people say.
And because these daft and dewey-eyed dopes keep building up impossible hopes,
Impossible things are happening every day...."

-"Impossible" by Rodgers and Hammerstein

I'm Tired.  It is hot and I am tired.  I have so much to do and I feel as if I haven't even started, let alone put a dent in my list.  Add to that how upset I was yesterday and I think I've truly given myself an ulcer.  I may have to schedule a trip to the gastroenterologist before I leave here (and since I won't have insurance for a couple of weeks).  Why am I moving again?  What was I thinking again?

Gripes for NBC.  The Olympic night coverage is not live.  We know this.  It has not been live for the entire Olympics.  We also know that you can pick and choose what you show and when.  So, why in the world would you hold the women's volleyball match until the end when you know you only had 30 minutes left?  You all but told us that the women had lost and that they wouldn't make a comeback by not even leaving time for a 5th set if they had gotten there!  Why not end with David Boudia winning the gold medal in platform?  Now that was spectacular!  Or even the 4x4 on the track - that was fun!  You end with an utter collapse?  The producer needs to have his head examined. 

No comments: