Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 333: 8/9/12 - "Back When"

"We got too complicated
It's all way over-rated
I like the old and out-dated
Way of life"

-"Back When" by Tim McGraw

When a Party is Not a Party: Sometimes, farewell parties are not quite "parties."  I always worry that there will be an awkward one and I won't know what to say to some people, while I'll tear up when working with others.  I shouldn't think too far ahead but I suspect that will happen to me a bit this year.  I'm not going to miss everyone (who would!), but there are some good people here that I won't be happy to not work with any longer.  I'll have to make it a point to keep in touch with them - something I struggle with.

The Sheer Audacity!  When someone gives you a job to do, and you are the lowest on the totem pole (so to speak), you do not get to then pass that job on to someone else!  I had to keep myself from laughing in their face when they tried to pull that one with my work study.  What were they thinking!  I'll, of course, have to inform their supervisor - she'll get a kick out of it!

No comments: