Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 325: 8/1/12 - "We Are the Champions"

"We are the champions, my friends
and we'll keep on fighting til the end..."

-"We Are the Champions" by Queen

Why I Love the Olympics: Win or lose, I love watching the Olympics.  I have since I was a child and I know that I look forward to them, summer and winter, every two years.  I, of course, cheer for the US, but I also love to cheer for the feel good stories as well.  The Olympics is full of stories of people who work hard and earn their way to the Olympics.  There are stories of redemption and there are surprises.  Watching someone bounce back from a fall and win a medal?  Fantastic!  Watching an athlete improve on their personal best and surprise even themselves?  Beautiful!  Watching pure joy on the faces on people who've struggled and trained and fought for one thing, and then earned it?  Priceless!  I'll be an Olympic fan for the rest of my lives.  I don't have any Olympic aspirations for myself (other than getting to attend one in person, maybe!), but I can allow myself to cheer and scream, and cry and enjoy the experiences of others.  That's what living vicariously is all about.

No comments: