Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 348: 8/24/12 - Wrong For Each Other"

"You go on your way
I'll go on mine
Please don't you call me
Or drop me a line

I'll be better off now

With somebody new
And you should find someone
More suited to you

Cause we're wrong for each other

Wrong for each other
Let's fight another round..."

-"Wrong For Each Other" by Andy Williams

Farewells Continue!  Today they had the "official" going away party for me at the Libraries.  It was wonderful to see so many people come out to wish me well!  We had way too much (or, I should say, I had way too much) chocolate cake and good conversations.  It was interesting to hear what most people would remember me for (my baking was mentioned first, but others mentioned my Christmas outfit when I was the party emcee, and others my Gothic librarian Halloween outfit!), and very heartening to know that I will be remembered and missed.  I hope they know they will be missed too!  I also got some very nice gifts (unexpectedly), including a good luck bamboo, a lemon/lime squeezer, and a 50 set of decorating tips (I was in heaven!).  They know me so well - the bamboo will do well in my new office along with his big brother who is in my current office and needs to be brought home for travel purposes.

Cosmic Bowling!  We had so much fun tonight at Cosmic Bowling!  I did well in my first game but struggled in game two before bouncing back in game three. We all laughed and danced and sang and it was the best thing I've done since I've been here.  Everyone agreed that we should have done it sooner and not waited until I was leaving.  I seem to only go bowling when I'm on my way out of town - go figure!  No more parties, though I'm trying to pull together some karaoke on Monday night since it is my last free night before I have to have everything done.

Worst ATM Placement Ever!  BOA, what were you thinking?  You put both of your ATM machines in the same drive up lane?  So the first car pulls in to the first machine and the next one pulls up to the 2nd one.  And even though the second one finishes their transaction first, they have to wait until the first car gets done.  Or, the first car gets done, but the second car is still working on their transaction.  There is a third car waiting in the wings and they have to wait until the 2nd car moves out of the way...all the while the first ATM is sitting there empty and waiting for someone to use it!  Okay, rant of the day over.

No comments: