Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 332: 8/8/12 - "Rock the Boat"

"So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion

To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over..."

-"Rock the Boat" by Hues Corporation

What's Wrong With This Picture?  I kept seeing this ad on a site I frequently visit and every time I looked at it I kept thinking, "what is wrong with this picture?"  It took me a long moment to finally figure out that I was weirded out by the fact that they had Enrique's name above Jennifer's picture and vice versa.  How kooky is that?! 

My Olympics Update: Watching the Olympics tonight was like watching someone write up a plan for how to get the US back into the lead for the overall medals count.  Other than one event where the US only had one person medal, it was amazing to watch the US get two medals in a number of the other events.  They either went 1-2, or 1-3, and it was pretty amazing to watch!  I also, of course, love watching diving, and am a little sad that the gymnastics (artistic) competition is over, but another part of me will be glad when the entire Olympics is over so that I can go back to watching my baseball.  My fantasy team has suffered in my "absence"!

Biting My Tongue, Biding My Time: I had to bite my cheek a couple of times today to keep from saying something that might not have gone over very well.  Luckily I had someone sitting next to me who got my attention and gave me a look that said, "now, now".  It was pretty funny, actually, since what I was going to say wasn't really controversial - just contradictory to what others were saying!  But sometimes you have to step back and think about what is really best and what is necessary and what would have just felt good!  Oh well, it's not like I've ever tried for what just felt good before, so no need to change my pattern now!

No comments: