Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 351: 8/27/12 - "Far Away"

"This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late"

-"Far Away" by Nickelback

Stay Flexible...I keep telling myself this as things seem to keep changing right under my feet.  I had my trip planned out completely until I got a call from my apartment complex telling me that I can't pick up my keys on Saturday after all - they are closed for the long weekend.  I have to be there no later than 4pm on Friday. 4pm?!?!  We weren't expecting to roll in until nearly Midnight if we were lucky.  Oh well, plans can change and you have to be able to change with the.  Luckily I didn't prepay any of my hotels and was able to cancel them.  I think Dad and I are just going to wing it and drive until we need to stop and grab our hotels along the way.  I wouldn't do that if I were by myself but since dad will be there, I think we'll survive.  Just gotta stay positive!

Why Even Ask?  I have to be honest and say that I didn't even expect the two logical questions that I got, but even as I was trying to answer them, I kept thinking "Why am I bothering?  It's not going to change anything."  But I let them know what I thought, regardless of what the final outcome would be.  I wonder what they were expecting me to say?  And I absolutely LOVED the baiting.  I needed a lawyer there to yell out "Objection!  Leading the witness" because that is exactly what they tried to do.  Didn't expect me to actually say yes, did you?  Oh well, I'm nothing if not honest.

No comments: