Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 337: 8/14/12 - "You Can't Win"

"You can't win
You can't break even
And you can't get out of the game
People keep sayin'
Things are gonna change
But they look just like
You're stayin' the same

You get in
Way over your head
And you only got yourself to blame...

You can't win
The world keeps movin'
And you're standin' far behind
People keep sayin'
Things'll get better...

You can't win, you can't win no way
If your story stays the same...

You can't win, Child
You can't break even
And you can't get out of the game..."

"You Can't Win" by Michael Jackson (from The Wiz)

What I Did Tonight Instead of Packing: I know I said I would pack at least one box a night, but tonight I had to make a batch of peanut butter cookies, bake the cake for my chocolate punch bowl cake, monitor the chat service for two hours, wait for the cake to cool, then assemble the punch bowl cake.  4 1/2 hours later, clean dishes and clean kitchen, I'm too tired to even think about trying to pack a box.  I'd probably pack it wrong and it wouldn't be movable.  Or I'd pack something I needed in it.  I think I'm better off waiting until tomorrow when I can come home and not need to bake, or monitor chat, etc.  Here's the cake:

Top view - lots of whipped topping

Side view - layers of chocolate cake, bananas, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping.

No comments: