Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 342: 8/18/12 - "Lightening Crashes"

"Oh I feel it, coming back again
Like a roll of thunder chasing the wind
Forces moving to the center of the earth again
I can feel it....."

-"Lightening Crashes" by Live

A Positive Experience...Finally: So today I finally had a positive experience when dealing with a company.  I've been waiting for 3 days for AT&T to come and fix my tv service (I had to wait until Saturday because of work).  I was expecting the technician to not arrive until well into my time slot (Noon - 4pm), but he called me at 11:30 am to say that he was on his way.  He arrived right on time and when I explained that I wasn't interested in having to pay for any repairs, he told me he would try switching out the modem first.  Unfortunately, as he ran tests, he still got error messages and he explained that the wiring needed to be redone, but since that would cost money, instead he just ran an ethernet cord from the bedroom to the living room - problem solved, and no cost to me.  For once a really nice person who was helpful.

It Rained...It was nice to hear but the lightning storm has been a little disturbing to watch.  Hopefully there will be more rain tomorrow - we sorely need it here.

No comments: