Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 336: 8/12/12 - "How Long"

"Like a bluebird with his heart removed  
Lonely as a train  
I’ve run just as far as I can run..."

-"How Long" by The Eagles

Too Much?  I tackled packing today.  I'm slowed down by the fact that I also have to clean, throw some things away, and sort and shred others.  But I packed up the side tv stand, and book shelf in the living room.  I'll tackle the coffee table and the dining room tomorrow.  I think I'll be able to get most things done if I stick to my one box a day rule.  The six boxes I did today make up for all of last week, I think.  And I shredded a 3 foot high stack of papers as well.  Tomorrow I'll also tackle the filing cabinet - time to weed it down based on how long I'm supposed to keep my paperwork.  

Tough Decisions: I suppose I'm supposed to be happy right now, but I'm not.  I'm about as low as I've been in a long time and I can't blame my medicine or my health.  I think I'm just saddened by the fact that no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get ahead.  You'd think that by now I would realize that I don't deserve anything better.  I guess there is something to the idea of people trying to be "better" than the world wants them to be.  Some days it feels like I'm the mole in a Wac-A-Mole game...and the person doing the whacking is the best to ever play the game.

No comments: