Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 125: 1/14/12 - "Interstate Love Song"

"Waiting on a Sunday afternoon
For what I read between the lines
Your lies..."

-"Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots

8 Mile: No, not the movie - the distance of my run today.  It was definitely much more successful than the first 8 mile run I did a couple of weeks ago.  I actually took nearly 15 minutes off of my total time and averaged 13 minute miles (I was doing nearly 15 minute miles previously).  In fact, if not for the last two lights catching me, I would have averaged sub-13 minute miles.  I had to give up my tennis time today, though.  My right knee decided to swell and stiffen in response to the long run, so I decided to stay in and rest it.  I might be able to run tomorrow now (or at least go for a nice long walk!).

Short Week: Thank you ALA for the short work week ahead.  Sometimes you really need those to actually get your work done.  I know, that doesn't sound like it makes sense, but it does!  Add MLK day to it, and its an even shorter week.  But there is one issue that I have to face: they will be shutting off my water on MLK day to fix a broken pipe somewhere on the property.  The water may be off for the WHOLE DAY!!!  Are they nuts!  They pick a holiday when everyone will be home rather than a day when most would be at work and/or school!  I'm actually thinking of going in to work just to have working toilets!


No comments: