Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 118: 1/7/12 - "Open Up Your Eyes"

"Choosing stones...
big enough to drag me down.
Where I am...
People's voices make hollow sounds
Just be quiet...
They'll go away
Open up your eyes
Don't let your mind tell the story here."

-"Open Up Your Eyes" by Tonic

What to do, what to do!  I hate feeling indecisive about anything.  I'm a big fan of being able to make a decision (with the best information available to me) and feeling confident in that decision (no matter the outcome).  But today I'm floating in the Indecisive Sea of Angst.  Talk about ruining my productivity!  When I get indecisive about decisions I also tend to get a little listless - I don't want to do anything!  I really need to work on that and learn to separate the parts of my life that need decisions to be made from those that I should just be able to work on without worrying about making a decision.  Take my knitting for example - that shouldn't require anything but monotonous, repetitive, I'm getting sleepy, action.  Which is why I'm going to go work on that right now!

When friends piss you off: I find that I often get very mad at my friends, though I still consider them to be my friends.  There are days where there actions or words make me want to throw something at them!  But then I remind myself that it is just them being them, and that to be a friend you often have to accept those things. I also realize that they likely get pissed at me too - so I should be very careful about thinking about it as a one way street.  But today was definitely an "I need some rotten tomatoes to throw" kind of day!

No comments: