Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 122: 1/11/12 - "Burden in My Hand"

"Close your eyes and bow your head
I need a little sympathy
Cause fear is strong
And love's for everyone who isn't me..."
-"Burden in My Hand" by Soundgarden

More than a movie: I love watching good animated films.  Yes, I'm an adult who prefers the humor and story lines found in well-made movies that feature drawn characters.  Today I watched How to Train Your Dragon and though I loved the humor, I was floored by the complexity of the story itself.  The dynamics between father and son.  The impact that being different had on not only one person but an entire group.  And what a simple act of kindness could do.  I'll to remember that last one as I continue to struggle with the actions of others.

Watch your back: I'm always floored by the number of people who feel unsafe in some aspect of their lives.  Whether it be their job, their relationships, their education - they struggle with feeling as if someone else has too much power and control over them.  In some cases they are correct in their worry and in others, you worry about them being delusional (or at least paranoid).  I'm one of those people and I'm working to eliminate that feeling from my life.  I don't like it and I've decided that there is no place for it in my life.  But it is easy for me to say that I'm going to "handle" it.  I have no control over some things (including the actions of others), but I can at least put myself into situations where I am safer.  Wish me luck!

No comments: