Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 131: 1/20/12 - "Things I Never Needed"

"I don't want to be the one who lets you down
All I did was run myself around
I wish I could have seen through your eyes
Maybe then I would have realized
I'm the only one who's bleeding
For the things I never needed"

-"Things I Never Needed" by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Hanging with My Friend: Today I got to hang with one of my best friends in the world!  It's always good when we are able to get together since we understand each other so well!  It's also nice to spend time with someone who is supportive and non-judgmental (she says likewise!).  It will only be a few days but hopefully it will rejuvenate me.  She also introduced me to a new artist that I will start listening to - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (hence the song of the day!).

Toys & Candy!  Tonight we hit the Exhibits Grand Opening at the conference and on top of the free food (we only tried the phyllo wrapped asparagus with Parmesan cheese and the not sweet enough lemonade).  After running into everyone that we know and entering all of the contests, the highlight of the night was getting our free sportscar mouse for our computers (with working headlights).  Check out the pic below!  I also picked up some good chocolate for later eating - this year seems to be a hotbed for the good stuff (Hershey's and Dove).

No comments: