Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 112: 1/1/12 - "Pardon Me"

"A decade ago, I never thought I would be
At twenty three on the verge of spontaneous combustion woe is me
But I guess that it comes with the territory
An ominous landscape of never-ending calamity.
I need you to hear. I need you to see.
That I have had all I can take
And exploding seems like a definite possibility
To me..."

-"Pardon Me" by Incubus

Today Was Not a Good Day: I should have known when I went to bed feeling sorry for myself that I was not going to have a good day today.  I woke up feeling worse than when I went to bed and the day only went downhill from there.  I can only blame myself for my bad mood and the bad things that happened today.  No one else did anything to make this day worse...it was all me.  I can't put my finger on what exactly sparked my downhill slide.  I've tried to look back at a number of things and see if I could lay the blame on one event, one person, even just one thought, but I honestly can't.  I think it must be a combination of things that have just started to pile up on me and now I feel like I can't move.  I feel old today.  My body hurts.  My mind hurts.  I don't know what to do to make it better.

Dreaming Big: I once wrote that I stopped dreaming, and on some fronts, this is still true.  But I also realized today that in many ways and for many things, I'm still dreaming big.  I know without a doubt that none of these dreams will actually come true, but these are the ones that are still with me.  I'll write about these dreams one day...just not today...

One down...364 to go...

No comments: