Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 120: 1/9/12 - "I'm Your Baby Tonight"

"Now it's like I'm fatal, 
It's all on the table
And baby you hold the cards, 
and You got the magic
And I gotta have it, 
I don't want the pieces
I want every single part, 
I'll be your angel
I'm ready and able, 
Whatever you want is fine
Whenever you're ready, 
just call on your lady
I'll be your baby tonight"

-"I'm Your Baby Tonight" by Whitney Houston

So Whitney: There are just days when I get Whitney Houston songs stuck in my head and today was one of those.  First it was I'm Your Baby Tonight, and then it was So Emotional.  Then all of a sudden I've got Where Do Broken Hearts Go followed by My Name is Not Susan.  I miss the old Whitney - you know, the one who was not strung out or married to a crazy man.  I hate that someone with such a pure talent could waste it all the way she has.  I still love to hear her sing and some of her earlier stuff is still the best out there.

Sleepy!  I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open past 10:00 pm these days!  Today is no exception, and I'm trying to finish this post while watching the end of the BCS championship game (though it looks like a one-sided affair with the Crimson Tide rolling over LSU).  I'm trying to track these sleepy spells that have started to hit me - I have to be careful as this could be a sign that my medication for my thyroid hormones isn't working correctly.  Or it could just mean I'm tired. :-)

No comments: