Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 134: 1/23/12 - "Pur Your Records On"

"Don't you let those other boys fool you,
Got to love that afro hair do.

Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright

The more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.
Don't you think it's strange?

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song

You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down."

-"Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae

So Tired - So This Will be Short:  With conference finally being over, it is easy to hope that you will be able to just go back to the way things were before you started the conference.  But every time I find myself coming back with new ideas, new directions, and a new sluggishness that is hard to shake.  Right now it is not even 10:00 pm and I am flagging.  The highlight of the day had to be having a mini-concert experience with Lisa Loeb.  I love all of her songs (and she played my favorite ones), even the cutesy little sing-a-long ones.  I don't think I won anything this year but with the travel voucher for presenting, I think I got my prize already.


No comments: