Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 133: 1/22/12 - "Giving In"

"Tragic it seems, to be alone again
I'm giving in to you

Take me under

I'm giving in to you
I'm dying tonight
I'm giving in to you
Watch me crumble
I'm giving in to you
I'm crying tonight
I'm giving in to you"

-"Giving In" by Adema

Posting Late:  This post is a day late due the late night I had yesterday.  Sunday was definitely the busiest day I had at conference.  After giving a successful presentation (and rocking my new yellow and black dress), I participated in the LIRT discussion forum, then I headed over to another hotel and participated in my committee meeting.  I then had a chance to change and work on items I needed for the next day.  Then one more informal meeting before we began the round of parties for the nights.  First up was the Thomson-Reuters reception which was at the Magnolia Hotel.  Great event with great food and saw a number of old friends and made some new ones.  Then we headed over to event number two, which was the Proquest Vogue product launch.  Even better food and dancing going on there at the Omni Hotel.  Had to wade through a dust storm to get there but got some nice pics of the Omni all lit up.  After some fun there, headed over to the Elsevier dessert reception at Eddie Deen's.  My friend actually sat on a long horn, while I got to line dance (I learned the wobble!) and tried my hand at mechanical bull riding.  I fell off the bull after only 4 seconds and skinned my arm, but wow, was it fun!  We also got free cowboy hats and got to enjoy a number of different desserts.  Finally we took a cab over to the La Grange for the Mango exclusive party and got to hang out there.  We got back in right at midnight - and I considered it a very successful day! (Pictures below)

A Dream Deferred: I smashed my own dream last night but I'm not worried about it.  I had already realized about a year ago that it was an unrealistic dream that didn't make sense in the long run.  Of course, how I smashed my dream likely didn't make sense either but it was a decision I had already made, so I have no regrets about it.  Now I can move on with more realistic ideas, thoughts, and suggestions.  I might need to put the idea of having real dreams on the back burner for a while and concentrate on living in the here and now.

The Omni Hotel
The holiday ornaments (giant) outside of the Omni
Inside the Omni

No comments: