Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 117: 1/6/12 - "Outside"

"I'm on the outside
I'm looking in
I can see through you
See your true colors
Cause inside your ugly..."

-"Outside" by Staind

I Only Ask for Equality: I've never expected or asked anyone for special treatment.  I only wanted to be afforded the same level of respect that you give others.  So why do you keep changing the rules and disrespecting me in the process?  I'm thinking of all of the analogies that I can compare this to.  Speaking out of both sides of your mouth...two-faced...wishy-washy...none of them are very positive for you.  But of course you can't see yourself the way others see you.  You think your behaviors are justified and right.  And you, of course, have no intention of ever apologizing for the bad way you treated me in the past.  Luckily for me, I don't hold grudges. But the writing is on the wall - you don't have to hit me twice for me to get the true picture.  I'll be out of your hair soon enough!

No comments: