Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 137: 1/26/12 - "Overjoyed"

 "Over time, I've been building my castle of love
Just for two, though you never knew you were my reason
I've gone much too far, for you now to say
That I've got to throw my castle away"

-"Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder

Blanket In Action: I love seeing items I've made actually being used.  My former staff member who just had her first child sent me a picture of him wrapped in his blanket and wearing the hat I made for him.  Isn't he cute?  This is what makes me want to knit more.  Anytime I can see someone actually enjoying something that I made for them personally, it makes it all worthwhile (including the callouses and snagged fingernails).  I now know that finishing the other blanket I'm working on and then starting a new one will be very easy for me, because I know the joy that they can bring.

Dangerous to Myself: I am the worst person for myself!  I tend to hurt myself very easily (walking into things, falling down, etc.).  Today I woke up and I felt fine...then I leaned over slightly to drop something onto the couch and my lower back just "went out" (as my father would say).  Now I'm struggling to get up from couches and chairs, and laying down also hurts.  I've taken a muscle relaxer and also an anti-inflammatory and I plan to go to bed early tonight.  Hopefully this will help me to get better faster - I hate walking around with a limp!

No comments: