Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 115: 1/4/12 - "Burning Bright"

"I feel like there is no need for conversation
Some questions are better left without reason
and I would rather reveal myself than my situation
Now and then I consider, my hesitation

I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation

There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction
I know I cross the lines it's not easy to define
I'm born to indecision
There's always something new some path I'm supposed to choose
With no particular rhyme or reason

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright"

-"Burning Bright" by Shinedown

Time for Self-Embarrassment: What could I possibly do to embarrass myself to potentially millions of people?  Why, create a video of myself singing and rapping about baseball!  I'll post it here for the enjoyment of my friends (and probably a few strangers).  It's also on my new baseball themed blog throwingcurves.blogspot.com.  Laughing is allowed (I can laugh at myself) but you may not critique my singing or rapping (they weren't meant to be good...just creative!).

 

Updating my CV: It's been awhile since I updated my CV and with evaluation time right around the corner, I decided to tackle it tonight and get it over with.  Needless to say, I hate updating that darn thing!  It's so tedious and trying to remember what I did in the past year is like asking me what I ate ten years ago to the day...I don't know!  I know this should be enough of an incentive for me to now update it as things happen, but the odds of me doing that are slim to none.  In case you are wondering, I actually shortened it by a page.  It was getting too long to be useful!

Dreams or Alternate Realities?  I'm a very big fan of science fiction and fantasy (to the point that I'm trying to write my own stories).  Last night I had one of my strange dreams that felt very real and featured real people with real locations, and real sensations.  So today I had the odd thought that some of my dreams aren't really dreams, but alternate realities...my life in other dimensions, if you will.  What was I doing in this life last night?  I stayed in band and was marching in college.  I was dating one of the tuba players (The realistic sensation?  His lips brushing against the nape of my neck, his hand holding mine).  We were definitely still in college and had lunch at the dining hall. My parents were visiting and were meeting him for the first time (They loved him!).  Then all of a sudden we were walking across campus on our way to class but for some reason there was a strange field of flattened bushes in the way and I had trouble walking across them.  He came back to help me and we were laughing as we stumbled around.  It was a fun dream...one I woke up smiling from.  I wish some things had been even more clear (like his name or his face).  But it was definitely a much better dream than some that I've had!

No comments: