Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 141: 1/30/12 - "Say Hello 2 Heaven"

"I, I never wanted
To write these words down for you
With the pages of phrases
Of things we'll never do..."

-"Say Hello 2 Heaven" by Temple of the Dog

Long Overdue: So, those who know me well know that I am super cheap...the ones who are more polite say "frugal" but I'm honest - I'm cheap.  This is why, even though my purse was barely hanging on by a thread and looked like it had seen much better days, I insisted on hanging on to it until the bitter end.  My friends will be very happy to know that I finally caved a bought a new purse on Saturday.  I got it at target, and yes, it was on sale (you can't knock the cheap out of me overnight!).  But I do think it is super cute and it the right size for me. Let's see how long this one lasts though!

Pet Peeves: You all know that I have a few pet peeves.  Today, the one that came out was rude people who won't let others cross the street (or the parking lot in this case).  Twice today I had to wait for a slow moving car to go past me when they could have easily stopped and let me go across to my car.  The worst one was this afternoon when I was the one in the rain.  People, you are in your car and dry...let the person out in the rain go by!  I know that there are no real rules here, and I did stop in safe places so as not to get run over, but come on!  Be a little nicer to each other!

Wardrobe Malfunction: I've decided that my entire wardrobe is a malfunction!  I looked at the outfit that wore today and my shoes and cringed in horror.  What happened to the stylish person I used to be?  I remember when I worked at UTK that I had nice clothes, and cute shoes!  Now I have dowdy clothing and I wear sneakers to work or even when I wear my cute shoes, I negate them with the rest of my clothes.  It's going to cost me a bit, but I think it is time to update the entire wardrobe, including the shoes...I think I can find something comfortable, even though it will cost me more than I want to spend (see the Long Overdue entry above).


No comments: