Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 114: 1/3/12 - "Beautiful Disaster"

"And every magazine tells her she's not good enough
The pictures that she sees makes her cry
She would change everything, everything, just ask her
Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster
She just needs someone to take her home"

-"Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin

Another One?  Today I started a new blog.  I know what you are thinking - "Another one?  I mean, come one, Kawanna.  Aren't two enough?  You barely even remember to post in the professional one!"  To this I have to say that I've been able to maintain this one and keep my promise to post daily.  And the real reason I haven't posted in my professional one is that I haven't had anything to say (and yes, I'm being defensive!).  My new blog is completely sports based (mostly baseball).  I started it because...well, just read the first post and you'll see why I started it.  The address is http://throwingcurves.blogspot.com.

What She Said  Apparently, after winning her first match of the 2012 season, Serena Williams said that she doesn't love tennis.  Check out the story on ESPN if you want to read the details.  Not everyone has been happy about this statement but I think the only person who should be sad about it is Serena Williams.  How many of us are working jobs that don't make us happy anymore?  How many of us are still in it just for the money and if we could, we would do something else?  And how many of us realize that there isn't anything else that we can do, because our jobs bring in the bacon.  I think this is what Serena Williams was trying to say (and yes, she might have been able to put it in a better way, but I think she was being truthful).  I can only wish her luck in finding what she does love and then doing it.  She'll have a better shot at it than most of us with the amount of money she has.  Me, I just have to keep trying to win the lottery!

No comments: