Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 177: 3/6/12 - "Be OK"

"I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok
I just want to be ok today...
I just want to feel today, feel today, feel today
I just want to feel something today...
Open me up and you will see
I'm a gallery of broken hearts
I'm beyond repair, let me be
And give me back my broken parts
Just give me back my pieces
Just give them back to me please
Just give me back my pieces
And let me hold my broken parts..."

-"Be OK" by Ingrid Michaelson

Let's Not Be Difficult:  I'm learning that some people are difficult just because they want to be.  Today I was one step away from going up to someone and just flat out saying - "That wasn't a request, it was an order...you don't get to say no."  But that's not my style and it also wouldn't have gone over well.  I also don't want to start channeling others who have a habit of doing that exact thing to me and others and I absolutely HATE it!  But I'll be reminding this person that the proper way to handle something is given in our guidelines and that they need to be followed to allow us to do what we need to do to get our jobs done.  And if that doesn't work, then I will say "you don't have a choice!"

Cost of Travel: I'm trying to balance my ALA travel with the need to take a vacation and right now I know I can't wait until June to take that vacation!  I'll go completely crazy if I try to, so I'm going to have to find one of those last minute deals and just go where it offers for me to go.  I think I just need to pick a weekend to do it, make sure I've scheduled the time off, and then just go!  I just don't want to get stuck going somewhere I've already been or somewhere that being a single traveler just doesn't go over well.  I really need to go to the beach or something like that, but I'm not much of a beach girl.  We'll just have to see!

2 comments:

Marliese Thomas said...

Any time you want to come to Birmingham, you are welcome to stay at my house. We'll get Pam to come up for the weekend, too, and anyone else you want. I have plenty of room. Flights aren't cheap, true, but everything else would be covered. We're not beachy, but we're friendly.

Kawanna said...

Thanks Marliese! I may have to take you up on that - and who knows, Southwest might run a nice special to Birmingham from San Antonio so I could hop a cheap flight and come hang with you ladies!