Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 193: 3/22/12 - "I'm Stuck With Me"

"Wish I looked a little more like Orlando Bloom
Wish I was DaVinci inventing in my room
A mind like Stephen Hawking
The love of the Nazarene
The presence of Morrison
Or James Dean
Of everyone I wish I could be
I’ve got to find my destiny
And I’m floating my own uncharted sea
Better get used to it
I’m stuck with me
I’d really like to leave the world a Franklin legacy
A Lancelot with skillful sword and chivalry
Conquer Alexander
With Gandhi’s stoic will
Lead like Martin Luther King or Churchill
Of all the things I wish I could be
I cannot change my true destiny
And I’m floating my own uncharted sea
Make the most of it
I’m stuck with me
We all have gifts unopened,
Are a hero in someone’s eyes,
The foundation to be depended upon,
A will as broad as the sky
Have the courage to match Magellan
Make a new discovery
I am the best at something
A thing alone I’m meant to be
Guess it’s fortunate
To be stuck with me
I’m who I must be (that’s alright)
Still I could be better (that’s alright)"

-"I'm Stuck with Me" by Grayscale

Stuck With Me: I heard this song today on Pandora and simply loved it!  Had to do the full lyrics for this post since I couldn't pick just a few lines from this one.  The rhythm was nice too.  Might have to download this one from Amazon!

Tennis: Yay me!  I almost took a set off of my tennis buddy today!  I was down 4-1 and won the next 4 games!  Then I held on to force a tie breaker.  I lost the tie breaker 9-7 but was proud of myself for the way I played.  I came to the net more and hit some nice volleys.  I also took advantage of some short and high shots to hit some winners.  Next goal - to actually win a set!  But I will also say that the set took so long that we only played the one!

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes: So I was at it again - making cupcakes for my friends in Houston (heading there tomorrow!).  I made a chocolate and peanut butter cupcake with peanut butter buttercream (which is to die for!).  I had enough peanut butter batter to make just a peanut butter cupcake and I almost threw the chocolate over in favor of these, they were so good!  Peanut butter is one of those things, that when done right, can really satisfy your appetite!

Batter

Baked

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting


Chocolate/Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Check out the "Pie" Frosting Pattern!

No comments: