Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 197: 3/26/12 - "Neon Moon"

"Watch your broken dreams
Dance in and out of the beams
Of a neon moon"

-"Neon Moon" by Brooks & Dunn

Some Things Come as a Complete Surprise: Sometimes things happen that catch you completely off-guard.  I've got mixed feelings about some news I received today.  While one part of me is feeling the stress related to the news, another part of me sees the possibilities.  That I didn't see it coming isn't a surprise, though I also look back and realize that there were signs that I can now attribute to what is happening.  What does this mean for future decisions?  How will this impact my own life?  I don't know but it will be interesting to find out.

The Me Generation: I read a short article in the Chronicle of Higher Education about the "Me Generation."  One of the things the article pointed out was that this group of students doesn't take responsibility for their own actions.  They blame others when something bad happens to them or if they do not perform up to standards.  I also would add that they are not responsible at all.  They have no grasp of what they should do in any professional situation and they make decisions based on unclear rules and regulations.  What does this mean for me and others who work with them?  That we need to work harder to find those few diamonds in the rough who truly need and will accept our help.  The others should just have to take care of themselves!

No comments: