Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 202: 3/31/12 - "You Gotta Be"

"Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers, they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears
Stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry
You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold
You gotta be wiser, you gotta be hard
You gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm
You gotta stay together"

-"You Gotta Be" by Des'ree

Too HOT!  I can't believe that it is already almost too hot for me to take my long runs outside now.  I was hoping to at least make it through April before I had to resort to running inside on the treadmill (or getting up so early that the sun is still in bed!).  I like running in the winter time because it is rarely too cold down here for me to not run outside.  And early spring and fall are also great times to hit the sidewalks.  I actually managed a long one today but I was parched before I hit mile 6 and the last 2.5 miles were grueling (though I didn't get sick like I did two weeks ago).

Where Will I Be?  It's funny, but when people have asked me during interviews where I see myself in however many years, and I've found that to be the easiest question to answer.  I've always felt I've known where I would be career-wise.  But today, I tried to ask myself where I thought I would be in a year in my personal life and I came up blank.  I was frightened by this, as I feel I should know what I hope to do in the next year of my life.  I should not only have a clear cut plan but I should have a known destination in mind.  I feel as if I'm moving through my life with blinders on.

No comments: