Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 188: 3/17/12 - "Everything You Want"

"He's everything you want
He's everything you need
He's everything inside of you
That you wish you could be
He says all the right things
At exactly the right time
But he means nothing to you
And you don't know why"

-"Everything You Want" by Vertical Horizon

Happy St. Patty's Day: St. Patty's Day was today and I decided I would celebrate by making myself green pancakes.  And then I promptly got sick right after eating them (no, it wasn't the pancakes - I was already feeling ill before I ate them).  But of course, the human brain doesn't always allow things like that just go by the wayside, so now I'm in total disgust for this holiday, though it has nothing to do with why I got sick.  I think I'm just out to hate all holidays for one reason or another.  I'm finding it way too easy to be disagreeable about anything that involves people having fun and being merry together.  Why?  Because I'm not able to go out and do the same thing, most likely.  Or maybe I'm just fulfilling my destiny to be a mean old woman.

Why I Got Sick...I'm not sure why I got sick today during my run.  I honestly felt great through the first 5 miles and then all of a sudden I started feeling lightheaded and my stomach started hurting.  I usually don't get that way unless it is super hot outside or else I was already feeling ill when I set out.  But that wasn't the case this time - I was feeling great when I headed out and even had a nice steady pace going. I got so ill I had to sit down right in the middle of the sidewalk for five minutes until I was able to walk (and not run) home.  So not only was I feeling ill by the time I got there, I was also feeling very disappointed.  Any time I have to give up on a run (especially on a nice day when I'm close to the end anyway), I feel as if I have failed...

No comments: