Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 186: 3/15/12 - "It Don't Matter"

"I'm barely living in my skin
Depressions my only friend
And I don't know where I'm heading
Trying to forget where I've been
And I'm so sick of lying
God please show me that silver lining
'Cause I've heard tale and I'm not well
My head's full of hell and this world's a jail..."

- "It Don't Matter" by Rehab

All About the Knitting: Another late post but I'll make this one all about the knitting because, miracle of all miracles, I finished Stormie's blanket yesterday!  I even posted it to my Ravelry site this time (and actually logged into Ravelry for the first time in over 3 months!).  Here is a picture of the loveliness that is the blanket.  Hoping Stormie doesn't read my blog so she won't see it before it arrives, but I still think the actual blanket will have a big impact (and the surprise tucked inside).

Full Blanket (I know, looks like a giant pillow!)

Close Up of the Blanket Pattern

I used a pattern from Caron called Treetops Baby Blanket.  Though not difficult it did take me some time to finish this blanket.  I liked the pattern because you could easily memorize it, so I could easily take things with me and not worry about having to have the pattern on hand.  This made it easy to work on the blanket while I traveled or attended conferences.  Now I just wait for it to be delivered and hope for a picture of little Kaylee all snuggled up!

No comments: