Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 179: 3/8/12 - "Extraordinary"

"I am extraordinary
If you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary
I am just your ordinary, average, everyday, sane, psycho, supergoddess"

-"Extraordinary" by Liz Phair

50/50: I don't like it when someone tries to place all of the blame about a situation they don't like on me.  Especially when that person should have taken steps over a week ago to help to ask and answer some of the questions that we are discussing now.  I'm not the only one dealing with this balance, and it is their responsibility to keep an eye on their own area.  I try to branch out and make sure I'm considering all the angles, but there are times when I don't see those angles myself.  When that happens, please don't try to throw me under the bus as if it is my fault that it didn't work out.  I'll shoulder part of the blame.  Hell, I'll even take 1/2 of it though it is not 1/2 mine.  But I'm not going to be your scapegoat for this or for anything else.  Neither of us is in a dream situation, but don't take your dislike of your situation out on me.  That only makes mine worse.  I wouldn't want to worsen your situation.

Baker's Joy: I noted to a couple of people that because I chose to bake last night rather than working for two or three hours, I woke up feeling a lot more refreshed this morning (even though I didn't get any more sleep than normal).  I realized that I needed that time "away" from work and that I had not been giving myself that time.  Instead, I was working at work, and working at home, and still feeling as if I was weeks behind schedule.  I have to remind myself that there will always be more work to do.  That I will always be able to find additional work that could be done.  But I won't get my time away from work back, so I need to make sure I'm actually using it for me.  Tonight I made a chocolate jelly roll.  I'm going to put the rest of that banana cream I made in the middle and see if that combination works.  I hope so - the cupcakes were a success!  Picture posted tomorrow!

No comments: