Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 184: 3/13/12 - "(Just Might) Make Me Believe"

"I got miles of trouble spreadin' far and wide
Bills on the table gettin' higher and higher
They just keep on comin', there ain't no end in sight
I'm just holdin' on tight"

-"(Just Might) Make Me Believe" by Sugarland

Gearing Up: March Madness is always special, even when my team (the Sooners ) don't make the post season.  I love watching the bracketology shows and hearing the experts argue about bubbles and Cinderellas.  And I love trying to pick a bracket.  I laugh at myself even as I work on my bracket, knowing that there is no way to call every game perfectly.  There are just too many intangibles out there.  I will say that watching the play-in games was very interesting tonight.  First I watched Western Kentucky make a late 2nd half comeback and then I watched BYU do the same thing.  I don't know whether I saw two of the greatest comebacks ever or two of the worst collapses ever.  Maybe it was a combination of two.

Doing My Best: There are days when I feel like I'm doing my best and no matter what I do, it's not good enough for some people.  But I have to understand when I just can't physically or mentally give more.  I have to take myself out of the game and hope that I can hold on until those judging me wanting see something different.  I just wish they would realize that I haven't changed - its just their opinion of me that has changed.  Live and learn...

Published Again!  Today I got the good news that the article I co-authored with a colleague was accepted for publication.  It's a new journal that I don't believe to be peer-reviewed, and the article is a case study rather than a research study.  But it is a great start for me on the road back to being a published librarian.  It's also nice to have an article published anywhere - I was starting to feel a little rusty!

No comments: