Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 194: 3/23/12 - "Ghosts of Jackson Square"

"We wish ourselves beautiful
We cry in the night
And it's not the love you fear
But the fall from the heights..."

-"Ghosts of Jackson Square" by Edwin McCain

A Day For Myself: I decided to take Friday off and have a long weekend.  So I headed up to Houston where a lot of my friends were visiting because of a leadership program they are participating in.  The drive itself was fairly uneventful, though once I hit Katy the traffic did pick up and I had to navigate through some pretty bad drivers (but that tends to be the way it is in Texas!).  I actually found the hotel easily enough as well, though when I walked in and said I was checking in, I gave the woman my name and she then asked me "Which hotel?"  And I just looked at her blankly because I was thinking "Do you all do the check in for another hotel as well?"  I finally said "Staybridge" and she said, "Oh, we have people who think this is the Hotel Indigo."  In her defense, they are very close, but really?  The Staybridge and Hotel Indigo look nothing alike!  For those wondering, they have nice suites here with full size fridges, microwaves, dishwashers, dishes, utensils, and an oven.  If you ever need a place to stay for an extended amount of time, you should definitely look at a Staybridge.

Seeing Good Friends: The highlight of my evening was surprising the group of LCDP participants, most of whom did not know I was coming!  I have so many good friends in that group and it was so good to see them all.  And it was also nice to be able to sit and talk with people who know about the issues that I often deal with.  It's not just the understanding that I need, but the ability to actually say it out loud without fear of any repercussions.  I can only hope that Saturday is also a good day! 

No comments: