Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 189: 3/18/12 - "Something More"

"Thought I found the words to say
Just to get you feeling fine over heels my way
But it don't matter how
I lost the word and nerve and now
There's nothing more for me to say
Feels like I'm wasting my time
Hanging on this same old line
There's nothing left for me to find

And all the more I want

All the more I need
All the while you want something more
All the more I want
All the more I need
All the while you want something"

-"Something More" by Train

Chocolate Surprise Cupcakes:  This weekend's baking extravaganza has yielded what I'm calling chocolate surprise cupcakes.  They look like normal chocolate cupcakes until you bite into them and realize they have a vanilla cake middle!  It was so much fun to make them, even though I overdid the batter a bit.  I need to back off on the chocolate and vanilla next time so that they don't rise so much out of the pan!  They are huge!!!!  What I really like best about them is that they were easy to make with the same tried and true recipes I've been working with for a few weeks now.  I finally feel as if I have perfected both my chocolate and vanilla cakes.  Now it is time to branch out and start working on a few other standards.  Also, my flavored buttercream needs work.  I can't seem to get the consistency and flavor right though they are still very much edible!  Here are the pics of today's fun!

Chocolate Cupcake Batter in the Pans

Cupcakes in the oven

Cupcakes fresh out of the oven

Vanilla icing with a dollop of chocolate icing

Vanilla and chocolate icing swirled

More swirling!

You can see the vanilla cake in the middle - I had to try them!

Something New: I realized that last week I didn't really try something new like I had told myself to do every week for the last month or so.  But I did try something new today, so I guess that makes up for it.  I really just want myself to get outside and not sit at home on the weekends feeling sorry for myself.  Today I went to the new Yogurt Zone that is on Blanco and was slightly saddened by the fact that it was completely deserted.  I'm always cognizant of new businesses because I still have my dream to own my own business and I notice the locations that new businesses choose.  I wonder if their location is what will hurt them most because I found them to be less expensive than Orange Leaf  and I also thought that the yogurt tasted better.  I'll see if they are still there in a month and if so, I'll make sure I visit them once a month (my own little personal self-treat!).

A Scary Proposition: I've started contemplating doing something that scares me to the souls of my feet.  I want to ask someone out.  I know, I'm 35 and shouldn't be so freaked out by this, but I've never truly tried before (I've sort of tried before but even I would call those efforts half-assed).  I'm, of course, worried they'll say no, but also worried about them saying yet.  I'm also worried about making things uncomfortable since I sort of consider this person to be a friend.  Now I just need to figure out if it is worth messing things up to also be able to move on.  I've been getting mixed signals from this person for a while now (they even bring me treats randomly) and I'm all about honesty and clearness.  I'll just have to see if I have the courage to try and then go from there.

No comments: