Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 178: 3/7/12 - "I Am So Ordinary"

"And she is your holy Mary
And I am so ordinary
And she is your Queen Cleopatra
And I'm just your morning after
And she is your Star Spangled Banner
And I am just Frere Jacques
And you can lose me if you want to
"

-"I Am So Ordinary" by Paula Cole

What's My Motivation?  Today was one of those days where no matter how hard I tried, no matter my good intentions, I just could not get anything done!  The phone kept ringing, people kept dropping by, issues kept coming up that had to be taken care of, and all the while, my work got pushed to the back burner.  Tomorrow I will attempt to catch up as best I can before Friday, and then next week (Spring Break!) should mean that I get the chance to really get some work done. Fingers crossed.  But days like today lead me to question my motivation.  Why do I continue to do what I do?  Do I still love what I do?  If not, do I at least like it?  Enjoy it?  Want to do it?  I'm not sure what the answer is to these questions, but I realize that I need to address them, and soon.  There is more to it than this as well.  I have to figure out what I'll do if the answer is no.  Or, what I'll do when the answer is mixed.  No matter what, I do know I have to do something.

No Joy in Indy: I'm saddened by the news that Peyton Manning will be leaving Indianapolis.  I can admit that the main reason I was a Colts fan was because I was a Manning fan.  It was difficult to listen to him say goodbye, but wonderful to hear him continue to be the person that he is...a man with a good heart, who remained respectful even when others would have reacted in a different way.  You may have respect for Indy and the ownership there, Manning, but I've got more respect for you.  I'll see you in your new locale, wherever that may be, and guess I'll likely have a new team to cheer for!

Baking Away:  I tried to do work when I got home tonight but I just didn't have it in me.  Instead, I tried out a new recipe and created a banana pudding cupcake.  Or, at least that is what I attempted to create!  I made a vanilla cupcake, cored it, made a banana cream filing (very pudding like!), and topped it with a banana buttercream frosting, rimmed by crushed Nilla wafers.  Not sure what the full effect is but I enjoyed the cake, the cream, and the frosting.  And of course I love Nilla wafers!  Here are some pics of my fun tonight:

 


No comments: