Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 183: 3/12/12 - "Down So Long"

But we've been down so long
Ooh, it can't be longer still
We've been down so long
The end must be . . .
I know the end must be. . .
Oh, I know the end must be drawing near
-"Down So Long" by Jewel


So Close: I'm so close to being done with the baby blanket for my friend Stormie!  I'm having to take a break right now because my fingers and left wrist are both hurting a bit, but if I work on it tomorrow and Wednesday evening, I can finish it on Thursday and even maybe have time to make the surprise I want to make.  Then I have to start on the next blanket for my friend Amy.  It will be late too (that's my way!) but hopefully it will be something they can keep for a while and continue to use with the baby.  I think Stormie will find lots of uses with what I'm calling the Neapolitan blanket (due to the colors used).

March Madness Time!  I'm so excited that March Madness is here.  Along with the dreams of a perfect bracket come some seriously good games.  Even though my Sooners didn't make the Men's tournament, the girls made the Women's, so I'm looking forward to cheering for them.  I wish there were some games in this area so that I could attend, but I think they are too far away!  I actually have Thursday and Friday off, so I could (theoretically) go.  But at least I can watch at home all day and not be distracted by work (I know, that's backwards, but you know me when its sports time).

New Duds?  I'm in need of a new suit - I just realized that neither of mine fit any longer.  I'm thinking pinstripe this time around - I feel it would be classic and also slimming.  I'm going to look at Long Tall Sally and also at Tall Girl.  I want some serious length on those pants so that I can wear some nice heels.  And speaking of heels, I think it is time to splurge on some Clark shoes.  I'm going to hit Nordstrom's Rack sometime this week to see what I can find, but if no luck there, I'm going to just order some online or directly from the store at La Cantera!

No comments: